Birds of Paradise is one of the most beautiful that we have growing on our farms here in Hawai’i. Birds of Paradise are native to South Africa and bloom from September through May.
The unusually beautiful shape and brilliant colors of Birds of Paradise have made these flowers not just a designer’s favorite, but also a popular symbol of paradise.
The popular Birds-of-Paradise plant bears a unique flower that resembles a brightly colored bird in flight, giving it the common name, Bird of Paradise. The Birds-of-Paradise flowers make the plant an exceptionally attractive landscape plant, that’s why you can find it growing all over Hawaii.
Birds of Paradise Plant Care
- The Bird of Paradise does require a good amount of sunlight.
- Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system for the Birds of Paradise.
- Watering can be reduced after establishment.
- Feed Birds of Paradise plants with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring.
- Floral preservative for Birds of Paradise is recommended and is available commercially.
Our farm is filled with beautiful bird of paradise flowers. If you are interested in purchasing any whether it is for decoration, a bouquet, or even want to take it home to plant and care for it in your own garden, please give us a call at (866) 982-8322, ALOHA!